Taco Soup is one of those things that you just don’t think about until you’ve had it, and then you can’t stop thinking about this wonderful bowl of goodness!!
Think of Taco Soup as a combination of Vegetable Beef Soup and Chili. Throw in a bottle of beer and you have a fantastic comfort-food for a cool-fall day.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 (16-oz.) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16-oz.) package frozen cut green beans
- 1 (15-oz.) can ranch (chili) beans, undrained
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can stewed tomatoes ( I buzz them down in a food processor)
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (12-oz.) package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 (12-oz.) bottle beer (anything will do, but I prefer Latin beers for this)
- 1 (1-oz.) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1-oz.) envelope Ranch dressing mix
Toppings: corn chips, shredded Cheddar cheese
Brown off your ground beef, add all other ingriedients and bring to a simmer for a few hours…or serve immediately. Doesn’t matter, its still very, very tasty. DO NOT OMIT THE BEER